Children’s Garden Gate Part 2






















I enlarge the drafted design to full size and trace it to a piece of paper on the wall with charcoal. The anvil and blacksmith vice are watching the show while thinking about the fun they’ll have helping me make the gate.

Then I lay the paper on the floor and rub the backside to transfer the design.


 




















The bars that will go in the middle of the gate are forged and twisted.























Then I lay them in their place in the pattern on the floor. These bars represent rain falling from the clouds to the earth.
















Next thing I do is cut the straight bars and hammer texture on their edges. Then I start bending the curvy part of the design that represents the earth.






















I use scroll benders to bend the steel bar to match the design on the floor.





















The ends of the rain bars will be cut to fit the pattern and then everything will be tacked in place with an electric welder.


No comments:

Post a Comment