On Site Work






















Before I took the gate to the jobsite I had to make the latch. This is an example of how I use my drill press as a milling machine. Don’t try this at home.























I use UHMW for the latch catch because it’s self lubricating and won’t scratch the paint off.















There is one more thing to make before I go. The round stock with the fancy end will hold the smaller side of the gate in position while the bigger side is open.















Before I weld the base plates to the posts I use them for a template to drill holes in the concrete for the bolts.
















That was fun now what?














The two brackets at the top of the posts took a while to figure out. There are many different angles because the buildings don’t line up and the siding is beveled.

















I wish it was done, and so does my client, but off it goes to get powder coat paint. Just one more week to go before I’m finished.

1 comment:

  1. We sure do, but we can wait one more week! It does look great, and are SO excited to get it installed. --Lynn and Bob

    ReplyDelete