Iron Vines Grow in the Summer Heat


















Well here we go again. It’s time to finish the garden gate. Remember the gate?















After I finish forging all the pieces I put them in vinegar for 2 days to get rid of the mill scale.


















Then I weld the basic design together.



















Afterwards I melt solder into places I can’t weld to prevent water from getting in the joints and rusting them out.



















In my world, iron vines grow in the summer heat.




















But they need a little guidance from friendly scroll benders.


Otherwise they don’t know where to go.


Ahhh, now that’s better.



















After the vines have been welded to the gate a little shop elf magically attaches the leaves and flowers to their correct places.



















In the heat of a dark summer night the gate waits for a cooler day to be sandblasted and painted


A cool day did help but the sand blasting was very dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment