Forged Plant Stand Part 3


















The leaves and vines are welded together and have entwined themselves around the legs.















After forging the base and stem I weld them on to the back of the flower. Then I will forge the stamen and weld it inside the flower.




















Scale forms on the outside of all objects that are forged so I strip it off with a two hour bath in muriatic acid.


I apply several coats of patina to the raw metal to get the flower the color I want.



Now that’s what I call a flower! Tomorrow I will weld them to the vines and patina the vines, leaves, and flower stems together. Later in the week I will patina the stand one more time and then finish it with several coats of clear polyurethane. It's almost done!





















No comments:

Post a Comment